Monday 28 November 2016

Thinking for two

When an owner is informed you are on your way to their emergency and they request that the practice sends someone else, you immediately panic and think, "uh oh, what have I done wrong?". So I was relieved to hear the client was actually looking out for me rather than refusing my attendance through dislike! She said her horse was wild and she was sure it would crush me as I tried to attend to it's hind foot abscess... apparently she would never forgive herself if anything happened to me! However, if one of the non-pregnant vets were to go out and be crushed that apparently was fine! Not sure I felt ok with this but I obliged in turning my car around and let a colleague go out instead, feeling somewhat embarrassed at someone else having to put themselves in danger. I expressed my feelings to the secretary who reminded me that I had to look after my unborn baby, not myself. And the colleague who went out instead was absolutely lovely about it - seeing the funny side and reassuring me that she'd do the same if the tables were turned, and I confirmed that I would definitely do the same for her. A box of chocolates is sitting in the car waiting to be delivered to her desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment